Saturday 7 March 2009

Who Watches the Watchmen?

Well, last night, I did.

It was my girlfriends birthday, and as we're both fans of the book (With me being a HUGE fan), it seemed serendipitous that one our personal all-time must see movies would fall on such a date. Lucky us. So after making an hour drive in just under 20 minutes (Due to an until last night unknown bypass), buying up our popcorn and Ice Blast slushies, we hit the theater, and for 2 1/2 hours, I was in pure comic book heaven.

As for the flick, I'm not going to go in to anything much, as I don't want to spoil anything for those interested in seeing it, but I'll just say this:

SEEITSEEITSEEITSEEITSEEITSEEITSEEITSEEITSEEITSEEIT x infinity.

I'll being seeing it a few more times too.

The DVD is released in July, with 3 versions rumoured. July is going to be an expensive month...

Sam.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sam,
    Nice to see you on blogger ^-^
    I was thinking about going to see the Watchmen.
    I've never read the book though... will I still appreciate it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd be better off reading the book first, There's a lot in the film that doesn't really make sense unless you know the subject matter.

    But hey, the book is awesome so its well worth reading, and you can pick it up well cheap at the moment.

    Cheers for the follow Steph!

    Sam.

    ReplyDelete